 Local / United Kingdom / 3871
Re: Southport Lego Show-Fest-Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 20:52:00 GMT

In article
<memo.20000411233340.23799E@mpratt.compulink.co.uk>,
mpratt@cix.co.uk (Michael Pratt) wrote:

Hello folks......

Below is a draft agenda for my proposed Lego Show on 20th • May 2000
Please feel free to comment.
I have no idea yet what to expect in terms of numbers on • the day but I
would like to know who will be bringing what.
Please ask anything at all you need help with.
I will have to make a small charge for accommodation if • anyone uses a
room but sleeping bags will be free.
Here we go.....

DRAFT AGENDA as at 11th April 2000

LEGO SHOW
20th May 2000
The Family Life Centre
Scarisbrick New Road
Southport
Merseyside
(location map to follow)

Provisional times….
Setting up 6:00pm till 9:00pm Friday evening
Lego activities 10:00am to 5:00pm Saturday
Open to the public 11:00am till 4:00pm
Clearing up 5:00pm till 7:00pm

Admission arrangements…
Admission to delegates (AFOLs) by pass (that's us • folks !)
Admission to public by nominal entrance fee

Attractions…

Busy Bee Stall
Now confirmed, please let me or Paul know what he • should bring

Bring and buy Stalls
Two tables booked for Alan Kershaw, Paradisa and • Castle

Swap and Trade Stall
One table, me, various bagged unboxed sets, mainly • town

Competition for a lego creation, various age ranges, open • to the public
Displays of Train layouts, Town, Technic etc

Totem Pole

Group activities…

Field trips to local boot fair

Curry meal on Saturday evening

Catering by…
Mike's SOH and mum, home made cake and bacon barm • cakes on
Saturday morning

Accommodation…
One double and one twin at Mike's house plus floor • space for
sleeping bags
One twin room over the road at Mike's mum's • (reasonable rates)
One twin room at a friend's house round the corner • (reasonable
rates)
Priority will be given for overseas visitors

Notes…
Publicity..... Could someone design a poster A4 • size ????
Local press.....I will sort this

Contact Mike Pratt 0151 526 7131 working hours or 01704 • 539865 evenings
and weekends

96 Scarisbrick New Road Southport Merseyside

e-mail mpratt@cix.co.uk
web site • http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?p=events-2000-5-20-desc

Michael Pratt

I have been offered a Toad of Toad Hall lego model today.
The lady said it was in her family 20 years and came
from a shop display.
It will be on show at Southport and if anyone wants to make
the lady an offer she will part with it.

Michael Pratt