 Local / United Kingdom / 3021
Re: Technic Bargain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:54:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Colin Bell writes:
Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:jw4NiQAS8go4EweC@you-rang.demon.co.uk...
All in all, I reckon there was only about 50% of the stock that there
used to be, and it used to be fairly constant.

Has anyone noticed this sort of thing anywhere else? It doesn't look
good.

Yes - in TRU in Southampton, the Lego section was nearly a whole one-half of
one aisle. Now about a third of that space has been taken over by TRU
own-branded toys such as baby walkers and pedal cars. On the other side,
which used to be mostly Duplo, Primo and basic buckets, some of the space
has been taken over by an increasing amount of Playmobil

--
Colin
numbersix@freshfroot.freeserve.co.uk

It's a real shame - January/February is usually a good time to pick up
discontinued sets on offer.

Jon