 Local / United Kingdom / 3004
Re: Technic Bargain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:06:26 GMT

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Jonathan Reynolds (<FpoKH8.JKq@lugnet.com>) wrote at
20:48:44

Last October I asked for the price of a well hidden 6289 Pirate ship at TRU in
Warrington, Cheshire - got told it was £69.99 (!) so poliely declined to buy
it. Next time I was in there (Nov 99) I saw three of the sets up high (I'm 6ft
but I still had to jump). feeling optimistic, I asked again. "£27.99 sir".
Needless to say, the wife took the kids out of sight (they still believe in
the bearded man in the red suit) and I slid off to the cash desk. It actually
gets better - they had a 'special discount' of another £4 so the set ended up
costing only £23.99.

Good grief.

They had at least 16 of those on the top the time before last I was
there. I would have had them at that price.

I went yesterday, and was shocked to find that all the excess LEGO from
above the top shelf had vanished. There were false backs in several
shelves, to reduce the amount of stock needed to make it look full, and
the Megablok signage was encroaching.

All in all, I reckon there was only about 50% of the stock that there
used to be, and it used to be fairly constant.

Has anyone noticed this sort of thing anywhere else? It doesn't look
good.
--
Tony Priestman