 Local / United Kingdom / 2699
Re: Insectoids anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:20:39 GMT

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Richard Franks (<FoL5oG.Jq@lugnet.com>) wrote at
14:02:40

In lugnet.loc.uk, Tony Priestman writes:

Although a single, short pointer to announcements in .auction & .b-s-t
is probably ok, for stuff targeted at the UK.

ie. the prices had better be in pounds :-)

I'm not sure about that - generally those who want to buy things from auctions
or profit-sales will frequent those groups anyway?

Richard
It has already been discussed, and that was the conclusion. Sorry, can't
remember the reference.

But let's cut to the chase.

There are roughly four sorts of people:

1. sellers
2. buyers
3. people who don't mind auction posts
4. people who do.

Given that RTL is full of FS & FA posts, and we're not there, I guess
that most people fall into category 4.

Even if you're in 2 or 3, the chances are that you'd prefer *all*
announcements to say in .auction & .b-s-t.

So for the sake of keeping *most* people happy, let's just keep all FS
or FA announcements out of loc.uk, and in the .market groups, where they
belong.

Sorry to the UK sellers, but there's only a very few of you, and you're
outnumbered :-)
--
Tony Priestman