 Local / United Kingdom / 2696
Re: Insectoids anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:33:25 GMT

Auctions and other sales where the seller is making a profit are NOT welcome
here

Well that practically rules out auctions here full stop(.).  As for selling Lego
for profit, how is "profit" defined?{1}
The cost of the item to the seller?
The cost of the item plus other costs (eg/ie postage, travel, time etc)?

Even if agreement could be reached on this, we are then reliant on the seller
being honest. I'd like to see things go one of 3 ways:

1. No Change.
2. Listing items which are for sale only within the UK (this could not be
enforced).
3. We lobby for a lugnet.loc.uk.market group.

Personally, I have no problem with sellers listing items which have been listed
on ebay.uk (nobody does list there anyway - so this is a mute point).

Scott A
{1} I defy any AFOL to sell Lego for profit - I mean overall, not individual
sets.