 Local / United Kingdom / 2700
Re: Informal Announcey UKLUGy Thingy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:12:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
All sound good. I have no probrem doing write ups on what is close to me - but
I could not promise updates on a regular basis.

Thats great! Thanks!

Also is there any point in including TRU? It is only a small step away from
including Argos. I'd like to see the guide concentrate on the independents. It
is a real pity that that so many independents have been lost. Now the average
kid is reliant on TRU/Argos who are often full of untrained and uncaring staff
(esp TRU).

There would be reasons for including Argos (it sells LEGO) and reasons not to
(it's a catalogue shop!). It's a valid place to get new ranges though, so if
someone submitted it I wouldn't refuse it :) TRU does generally have a variable
stock to speak of, so it is wothwhile keeping track of what it has, IMO.

I'd love to see it become a place where independents are listed comprehensively
though.. and if they get more people coming in because of it then hurrah! We
might save a few from going under! :)

Richard