 Local / Portugal / 130 (-20)
  Re: Piccola proposta.

"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message news:GL0Dpw.4r8@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) Cercherò (cercheremo) di fare il possibile, compatibilmente con il tempo a disposizione. -- Cheers Carlo LUGNET #24 P.S.: Pedro, how come you read loc.it? (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

You can find the instructions in my page, this switch point had been controlled by RCA in my projects. You don't need to modify any thing, just take out the yellow element in switch point. Zhengrong (...) -- RCA Controlled LEG Train Projects (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) James, do you mean to say that you are actually running ~5 trains on your LEGO layout? That you are actually using DCC successfully? I've heard many people talk about it, but so far no one has posted pics and "Look what I did"'s... I've wanted (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

(...) There are ways to do that, but I've had some trouble. The NEWEST switches from LEGO are so hard to switch you feel you almost have to break them to have it switch. The modification changes all that. If you DO decide to modify your switch, use (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

(...) There are several methods for running automated points. Search lUGNET for automated points or switches etc and I'm sure you'll find them. If you feel you need to modify the switch to make it move easier. Have a look at these pics. (URL) Luck. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

(...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Automated Points - Information

Check out Wez at (URL) on automated points. -- Bob Fay "Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message news:GKwqqB.Atn@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) In general, yes. (...) If that was the only change, yes. But I'm not advocating that one change alone, so no. (...) I can say yes to that question, because in general I am satisfied that regulations do not significantly lower risk, but rather, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) You don't have to say hello each time, especially when you're saying hello to someone else than the post author. :-) (I wrote this one) (...) If you had a choice are you going to use the road that cares or the one that doesn't? You forget the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

Hello Larry, you must be really opposed to ANY type of regulation, if this is the type of argument you use: (...) No regulation ever solves any problem 100% completely. But don't you think there would be a lot MORE unsafe drivers on the road WITHOUT (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

Hello Chris, (...) Why should they? They will probably make sure that whoever drives on them will be held liable for what he does to the road. But why should the road company care for other drivers? (...) Unless companies are shielded from their (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

Hello Chris, (...) And you really feel more private then? They will even be able to know which types of products you buy. Theoretically. (...) Maybe it's different in the US, but here not everyone HAS a driver's license. I don't see much difference (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Oh, I agree with you, totally! He SHOULD NOT be driving. So then... you concede that since the state nevertheless issued him a license, that licenses don't work to keep unsafe drivers off the road, right? That's what the example is (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) And what would it be done to prevent fraud, then? (...) So why not put a 5-year-old driving a Humvee, if his father can pay for the damage? As for the case of the old man, it is up to him and his family to provide alternatives - this way he (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Maybe... but then again, it is highly unlikely that any portuguese hasn't had ancestors of different races/ethnicites, thus noone can pick on me for that. Besides, names here are all alike, for all ethnicites. (...) Ah, fame... I can count (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) No, this is a kind of fraud. But the fact that something is illegal is not a justification for every possible sort of remedy that any law enforcement officer can dream up. So while showing up for someone else's test IS fraud, it does not, in (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) off (...) You might not want your parentage known under any circumstance where parentage matters. If you are a mix of ethnicities, one or more of which are discriminated against, you might not want it obvious. If your parent is (in)famous, you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

Hello Larry, (...) So, you think it would be OK to ... ... send someone else to a college test instead of showing up personally? ... drive with someone else's driver's license? (...) So, at least one thing works better in Europe than the US ;-) (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Ok, please point some reasons to me. I may even write a memo to the ID bureau here (no kidding!) if they are irrefutable. (...) a) I can demonstrate my identity through a couple of friends WITH ID if I don't have mine. b) You keep *dental (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Actually, me too. It is possible in the US to divorce oneself from their SSN, and I have not done that. They make sure it's a gigantic hassle. (...) I could come up with a number of reasons that a person might not want their parentage or (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact