 Local / Portugal / 123
Re: Gotta love Oracle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 20:28:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Horst Lehner writes:
Hello Larry,

you must be really opposed to ANY type of regulation,

In general, yes.

if this is the type of
argument you use:

So then... you concede that [...] licenses don't work to keep unsafe
drivers off the road, right?

No regulation ever solves any problem 100% completely. But don't you think
there would be a lot MORE unsafe drivers on the road WITHOUT the requirement
for a license?

If that was the only change, yes. But I'm not advocating that one change
alone, so no.

In general, don't you think that a regulation is warranted
when it significantly lowers the risk for innocent people to get their
rights violated by others who inappropriately abuse their rights?

I can say yes to that question, because in general I am satisfied that
regulations do not significantly lower risk, but rather, increase it. Hence
the conditions for regulation don't exist.