 Off-Topic / Debate / 13575
Re: Gotta love Oracle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:03:22 GMT

Hello Larry,

you must be really opposed to ANY type of regulation, if this is the type of
argument you use:

So then... you concede that [...] licenses don't work to keep unsafe
drivers off the road, right?

No regulation ever solves any problem 100% completely. But don't you think
there would be a lot MORE unsafe drivers on the road WITHOUT the requirement
for a license? In general, don't you think that a regulation is warranted
when it significantly lowers the risk for innocent people to get their
rights violated by others who inappropriately abuse their rights?

Greetings

Horst