 Local / Nederland / 1440
Re: New MOC: VW-beetle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:25:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke wrote:

But the classic beetle has a stunningly long 'nose'. The new one has a
windscreen that leads to a point far above the center of the front wheel,
while the old one had a nearly 90° windscreen and that line prolonged does
not even cross the front wheel.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ben/Test/compare.jpg

Love this design!

Thanks for the praise, Jan Albert!

I have now made up the model in ML-CAD and it is my first CAD model ever:

Thanks to Jaco van der Molen, who teached me in Zwolle how to work in ML-CAD.

Gotta try building one soon, still one of my favorite
VW cars ever, together with the Polo.
Hmmm... maybe I should have a go at the entire VW range over the years,
might be fun.

Nice idea. But I fear it will be hard to build a Passat and a Golf-Kombi in a
way you can tell which one is what.

After going from 6- to 8-wide in trains, going to 6-wide
in cars might work just as inspiring (never ever built any 6-wide auto's
yet :D )

For sure it is. You have at least 150% more room to fill (maybe even in cubic
relatio 1.5x1.5x1.5).

And 6-wide does work quite proper with Minifigs, as you can see even at the
Lego programm: the Potter car, the Adventurer Jeeps etc.

Even those 6-wides do still fit with most of my buildings and the 7-wide train
quite well, as you have seen in Zwolle. But I thought 5-wide cars to be even
more challenging.

I will try to fix the problem with the beetle windshield being to far in the
back this evening. Klaus comes along and we will do some moccing once again.

Regards,

Ben