 Local / Italia / 11952
Re: Lego Color Tree Translations now online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:27:50 GMT

"Clark Stephens" <clarkcorner@hotmail.com> wrote:

I've added a translations page to my Color Tree. It provideds
translations of the color names used into German, Italian, French,
Spanish, and Danish. Here's the link:
http://clarkcorner.home.att.net/ColorTranslator.html • ...
As will all my projects, this one is still growing. I appreciate any
help, suggestions, or corrections. I speak none of the languages
fluently, so I'm sure some of the translations may be improved.

Hi Clark

Great work, very useful. Your version is absolutely understandable, but
just in case you want to make it perfect... :-) I have just a few minor
corrections to report for the Italian translations, and I'd like to help
you in filling the gaps as well.

- The word "Chiaro" (Light) is mispelled in "Chairo" almost wherever in
the text.
- "Arancia" in Italian is the name of the fruit (Orange), while the name
of the color is "Arancione" or "Arancio". In the combination with other
colors, (eg Yellow Orange) place it in second place (Giallo Arancio).
- "Very Light Gray" should be "Grigio Molto Chiaro" instead of "Molto
Grigio Chiaro".
- "Tan": no name for this color in Italian, we use the French word
"Beige".
- "Dark Tan": same applies, "Beige Scuro".
- "Lime". I'm not sure about this. "Lime" is both a tree and a fruit; if
the colors refers to the tree, your translation is correct. Otherwise you
should change it to "Lime" for Italian as well.
- "Teal": "Verde Azzurro".
- "Purple": "Porpora".
- "Dark Pink": "Rosa Scuro" and not only "Scuro".
- "Glow in the Dark": your translation is clear but literal. We use just
one word: "Fosforescente".
- "Milky White": "Bianco Latte" (drop last "o").
- "Trans Purple": "Porpora Trasparente".
- "Trans Purple Glitter": "Porpora Trasparente Luccicante".
- "Trans Dark Pink Glitter": "Rosa Scuro Trasparente Luccicante".
- "Trans-White (Clear)": you translated "Clear" into "Radura", which
means "clearing (in a forest)" :-) I would say "Bianco Trasparente
(Neutro)".
- "Old Trans-White (Clear)": "Vecchio Bianco Trasparente (Neutro)".

Hope this helps, and thanks again for your effort.

Ciao
Mario