 Local / Canada / 1905
Re: Crazy Zellers sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 05:06:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
In lugnet.loc.ca, Tim Strutt wrote:
This is indeed a CRAZY sale. We discovered this just last night in Ottawa,
and we spent about $1500 last night. At one store.
Today everyone was running all over town, hitting every Zellers in sight.
I shudder to think of how much money has been shelled out today.
CRAZY indeed. Play well.

All y'all did a pretty crappy job of cleaning shelves, given how much
stock was still around the 3 stores I checked.  ;]
<snip>

Yeah, I couldn't go TOO crazy, since I just got back from LEGOLAND with
about $450 worth of stuff, spent $300 on S@H, some Pitsco DACTA loot,
and then this happens.
My wife tells me I owe her an elliptical cross-trainer over this one.
Oh well, it's worth it.
I was too late hitting the stores in my area (my fellow AFOL's were there
when they opened the doors), so I only got 1 Surveillance Truck and no
baseplates.

My meager take was:
3535 Skateboard Street Park
4742 Chill Speeder (for my son)
4743 Ice Blade (for my son)
4744 Tundra Tracker (for my son)
4794 Alpha Team Command Patrol (for my son)
4850 Spider-Man's First Chase
4851 The Origins
4854 Doc Ock's Bank Robbery
4855 Spider-Man's Train Rescue
4857 Doc Ock's Fusion Lab
7034 Surveillance Truck
7045 Hovercraft Hideout x3
7047 Coast Watch HQ
7410 Jungle River
7414 Elephant Caravan
7333 Dora and Diego's Animal Adventure (for my daughter)
8362 Ferrari F1 Racer

And also these thanks to my fellow AFOL's friday night:
626 Large Green Baseplate x2
4480 Jabba's Palace
4755 Knight Bus
7113 Tusken Raider Encounter