 Local / Canada / 1900
Re: Crazy Zellers sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:17:44 GMT

Greetings,

I hit the two Zellers closest to me (Halifax, Bayers Road and Bayers
Lake) last night just before closing (they aren't open Sundays in Nova
Scotia).  I don't know when Zellers started stocking the green 32 x 32
baseplates again, but I cleared them out of two stores (16 plates @
$3.49 each).  Also picked up some Designer and Inventor sets, SW minis,
the X-Wing, and hovercraft hideout.  Passed on the Castle and
buckets/tubs.  I thought the price was good enough that I got some of
the new Harry Potter even with the new colours.  The LEGO aisle was the
best stocked I've seen since last Christmas, and very little Bionicle.
Hard to beat the blue fish (4401 Little Creations 110p) for $3.44 each
(reg. $10) for interesting parts, or 4507 Prehistoric Creatures (719p)
for $20.

If people find a sale like this again, please post so that the rest of
the country can benefit.  I found out about it with about 2 hours
shopping time left.

Oh, and for anyone from Cape Breton, I'm sorry I misspelled Sydney in
the first post.  I was typing while on the phone to JM, and didn't check
it.

Gail Meagher

Robert Horvath wrote:

Hi!

What are you guys buying?  I went to three Zellers stores and I just can't
seem to find much that interests me.  I spent a couple of hundred bucks but
a good portion of that was for potential Christmas presents for my son.

I did buy the Spiderman Train Car set, one Ferrari set and the Surveillance
Truck (three copies) for myself.  However, there was little else when it
came to City, Train, etc.  Other than that .... Harry Potter and Bionicle.

Am I missing something in the stores around here (Kitchener/Cambridge)?

Bob

This is indeed a CRAZY sale. We discovered this just last night in Ottawa,
and we spent about $1500 last night. At one store.
Today everyone was running all over town, hitting every Zellers in sight.
I shudder to think of how much money has been shelled out today.
CRAZY indeed. Play well.

Tim Strutt