 Local / Canada / 1902
Re: Crazy Zellers sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:37:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Robert Horvath wrote:
Hi!

What are you guys buying?

Well for me probably the easier question is what are you *NOT* buying. (smile)

I was not aware of the sale at all. I happen to go shopping for a few green
base-plates, and when I went to pay, I was happily surprised with the price.

After catching on, I hit the two closest Zellers (one clearly marked the sale,
and the other one did not have anything about it) and bought every green
base-plates (13) and nearly every tub/buckets (18) I could find, plus 50-60 sets
to boot (HP, SM, Hockey, Designer, Inventor etc), LOL.

I tell you, this sale almost convinced me to open a shop, but quickly I came to
my senses.  I'm just not organised enough, maybe when I grow up.

I have NEVER spent so much on Lego in one go, but when you are getting it
anywhere from 50% to 75% off, how can you resist? Apparently, I can not, oh
well.  When I returned home, my kids were in shock while helping me unload, I
know that for some ppl buying binges are old hat, for me, it was a totally new
experience.

Sadly there are tons of sets left on the shelves up here (believe it or not, we
still have a few Rock Raider and Mission to Mars on the shelves).  Apparently
the AFOL are far and few between in my county.

One other cool notable moment....
I have never met an AFOL in the Lego isle even though I constantly keep my eye
open for them.  I can happily say, this weekend marks the first time I have ever
met one while shopping.  He is more of a collector then builder, but he was
truly an "AFOL" and a happy one at that.  We had a short chat and he was not
aware of the online community at all.  I wonder how many other sleepers there
are????

Now comes the fun part, the sorting!!!!

Janey "Red Brick"