 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 252
Re: 2000.3 What are you bringing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 04:21:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Santosh Bhat writes:
In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Peter White writes:

My son has some Tomica Thomas the Tank Engine stations, but I guess they're
not as impressive as the stations I saw at LegOz 2000.2

Well unless I can whip up a lego Fat Controller, your station may not fit in.
I don't actually have a station, that one that Eli had was neat. I'll bring
along the freight loading depot's i have. and eek..who knows might have to
think up a MOC station. (what me? make a MOC? never!)

The Fat Controller we have in ERTL diecast metal.

I can't wait to see that, in fact I saw one in the steel the other day.

Yes I've noticed the steel too, especially on them cold 6:30am services when
they decide that the anti-reverse cycle air-conditioning will impress Cityrail
patrons. Lego don't make a metallic grey coloured brick do they?

There are the famed silver 25-year anniversary bricks.
Worth their weight in...umm...silver, I guess, but 2 x 4's only I believe.
In fact there was one silver 2 x 4 brick on ebay the other day.
Buy a bucketload, take them on a month-long rail-tour of Sydney and we might
get a realistic patina on the bricks  ;^)

pete.w