 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 248
Re: 2000.3 What are you bringing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 03:50:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Peter White writes:

There is no shortage of room, and the new guys would probably like to see
12V in action, I know I would again.

Okay well then that gives me two tasks. Firstly, to do a stocktake on what
I've got in Track (both with and without conductor rails), and to then come up
with some fancy layout using all the different voltages. Secondly to fix that
spare 12V motor of mine that decided to lose a wheel at LegOz.2

How does one explain to an electromechanical locomotive motor that in order to
retain its state of "happiness" (ie. more vertical than diagonal), that all
four wheels  must remain in contact.

My spare motor last time decided to see how far it could go with only three
wheels while the other wheel protested and chose to remain lying in one spot.

My son has some Tomica Thomas the Tank Engine stations, but I guess they're
not as impressive as the stations I saw at LegOz 2000.2

Well unless I can whip up a lego Fat Controller, your station may not fit in.
I don't actually have a station, that one that Eli had was neat. I'll bring
along the freight loading depot's i have. and eek..who knows might have to
think up a MOC station. (what me? make a MOC? never!)

I can't wait to see that, in fact I saw one in the steel the other day.

Yes I've noticed the steel too, especially on them cold 6:30am services when
they decide that the anti-reverse cycle air-conditioning will impress Cityrail
patrons. Lego don't make a metallic grey coloured brick do they?

Santosh