 Local / Australia / 9362
Re: Lego Posting and Australian Fans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:59:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
IIRC as a group we can change our charter and whatnot to allow/disallow
certain types of post. (E.g. permitting auction announcements or sales
announcements from Australian sellers, etc.) Pull me up quick if I'm wrong
here.

.loc.au -> no
.org.au -> yes

(See the news archives in .loc.au from Jun 2000.)

If someone can marshall some good things that we may hear from LD/LEGO,
important stuff that might be specifically Australian, excellent, I'd love
to hear it, and be happy for LEGO to post. Otherwise, I think it's just
going to be a whole lot of pointless noise, bells and  whistles that we
can't access (yet, if ever) or can get pending $90 shipping and handling.

If it gets to the point where (and I'm not saying that it will, or even that
LD will necessarily even post announcements into a .loc group in the first
place) where you feel LD is spamming you, you can always share your thoughts
in the lugnet.lego.direct group or write them private e-mail.  If it happens
and it bothers enough people, I'm sure LD would listen and back off.

I suppose in the end, that's what I was really after. Finding out what
differnce LEGO posting meant, whether it was such a great thing and whether
there was more in place, regulation wise than just common sense.

In the end, the argument "We should let them post here because they're not
going to" isn't all that convincing, but neither is "They're not going to
post so we shouldn't let them" It's just a pity that some countries don't
have as strong a support from their local as others. (A large tub of LEGO at
an Australian meet, supplied by the company? I'd like to see that.)

James (who is going to pull his head back in now...)