 Local / Australia / 9361
Re: Lego Posting and Australian Fans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:55:53 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
IIRC as a group we can change our charter and whatnot to allow/disallow
certain types of post. (E.g. permitting auction announcements or sales
announcements from Australian sellers, etc.) Pull me up quick if I'm wrong
here.

.loc.au -> no
.org.au -> yes

(See the news archives in .loc.au from Jun 2000.)

If someone can marshall some good things that we may hear from LD/LEGO,
important stuff that might be specifically Australian, excellent, I'd love
to hear it, and be happy for LEGO to post. Otherwise, I think it's just
going to be a whole lot of pointless noise, bells and  whistles that we
can't access (yet, if ever) or can get pending $90 shipping and handling.

If it gets to the point where (and I'm not saying that it will, or even that
LD will necessarily even post announcements into a .loc group in the first
place) where you feel LD is spamming you, you can always share your thoughts
in the lugnet.lego.direct group or write them private e-mail.  If it happens
and it bothers enough people, I'm sure LD would listen and back off.

--Todd