 Local / Australia / 9057
Re: Greetings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 03:42:02 GMT

In a similar vein, we have a rather low tolerance when it comes to self
important folk, niggly administrative overlords, and religious zealots (and
there's a few of those bouncing around the theme groups - so I'm told :-)

This is certainly true for me. I find loc.au to be a more tolerant place than
some other corners of LUGnet (anyone visited .direct recently!), and I think
this is because I have physically met a lot of the loc.au regulars. I think
that, having met a person, one is more able to "read between the lines" of
their postings. When you just have the words in front of you, I think it's
easy to misinterpret (usually negatively) what is being said.

Kerry