 Local / United Kingdom / 8246
Re: Greetings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:26:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Alastair Disley writes:
Now for a couple of quick questions before I see if this works.  Are there
any other AFOL gatherings planned in Britain?

Check out the links at the bottom of the sidebar - apart from the 10th of
August there is a NBLTC meeting coming up and Lawrence Wilkes has mentioned
another Thames Valley Lego Fest in passing (probably September, Lawrence?)

And are there any other
forums which British AFOLs use to communicate?

On Lugnet we spread ourselves among the themes we are interested in,
occasionally cross-posting to loc.uk too (unlike the Australians who seem
always to cross-post which explains the huge traffic in loc.au).  I'm not
sure about outside Lugnet.

The more specific local
ones don't seem to be used.

Yep, we're one-nation AFOLs!

Are there any other forums within lugnet to
which I should subscribe?  I don't want huge amounts of traffic, but I was
wondering about announcement forums and such like...

.general isn't as busy as you would think.  Otherwise go for the themes you
are most interested in.

Enough for one posting,

Alastair

Welcome Alistair,