 Local / United Kingdom / 8243
8242  |  8244
Subject:
Greetings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 15:49:12 GMT

Time to de-lurk and introduce myself, as thanks to a combination of Jon
Hayward and Jennifer Clark I've managed to succesfully subscribe here.
I'm a PhD student at York University studying music technology.  Other
interests include architecture (particularly the Scottish Baronial
architect David Bryce), music (I play piano and pipe organ), travel,
books, environmental matters (I run a computer recycling scheme) and, of
course, Lego!

I'm booked into the LLW day on 10/08, so might meet some of you there.
Lego interests are mainly minifig scale at the moment (town/train/castle
hybrid), and I'm more into ingenuity than sheer size, but that's probably
because I don't have a huge collection, nor space for one!  No pictures on
the net at the moment, although that may change...

Now for a couple of quick questions before I see if this works.  Are there
any other AFOL gatherings planned in Britain?  And are there any other
forums which British AFOLs use to communicate?  The more specific local
ones don't seem to be used.  Are there any other forums within lugnet to
which I should subscribe?  I don't want huge amounts of traffic, but I was
wondering about announcement forums and such like...

Enough for one posting,

Alastair