 Local / United Kingdom / 8244
Re: (((Corfe Castle)))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:38:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, David Eaton writes:
I also realized I've got the 'overall' floorplan (not a very DETAILED plan)
in a book I acquired on castles: _Castles_of_Britain_and_Ireland_
(Plantagenet, Somerset, Fry). Very useful book for cool castle pictures &
inspirations... 50% off at Barnes & Nobles!

Oh, you mean this one:
http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=16QTDVPC81&mscssid=0M8C4CQ0FGJB8J29CRUW9H3RFSAK3340&isbn=0789202786
I'll cheek my local bookstore and see if they can order it for me!

Cheek them, eh? I dunno if they'll appreciate that :)
Odd that the website lists it as still full price. Actually, it looks like I
was lucky and got it at even more than 50% off... I got mine for like
$13.99? maybe $14.99? It was pretty cheap. Certainly worth *that* price in
my book.

It has a rather thorough list of almost EVERY castle in the British Isles
(or so it claims-- it hasn't been wrong yet, not that I've done much
checking), each with anywhere from a sentence to a page of description. And
most of the ones with larger descriptions include overall wall/building
placement layouts with scales (like Corfe), and some include more detailed
floorplans like Bodiam (though the scale was way off in Bodiam due to a typo).

It's also got general information on castles for the 1st half of the book,
complete with more information on various specific castles, lots of photos,
and some interesting information...

Absolutely incredible photos…I've never seen these before!
I have no idea where you dug-up all those links?
I had believed I completed a pretty extensive search
with Yahoo & Dogpile’s search engines…but you
just turned out an entire list that I've never seen.

Just Google :) I did a search on Google for "corfe" initially, then (after
seeing WAY too many), did a search for "corfe gallery". Turned up with lots...

DaveE