 Local / United Kingdom / 8289
Re: Greetings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 04:08:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Kerry Raymond writes:

In .loc.uk it was said ...

On Lugnet we spread ourselves among the themes we are interested in,
occasionally cross-posting to loc.uk too (unlike the Australians who seem
always to cross-post which explains the huge traffic in loc.au).

I must say I was a bit surprised by the assertion that we Aussies have some
unusual cross-posting fetish.

In fact, its the reverse of the usual assertion - "Australians seem to have
a general distaste with the mainly American-centric organization of lugnet
and TLC. Thus they have diverged as a group, many of their posters post very
rarely in other newsgroups (OK... not *all* of them, just some)." (see
http://www.lugnet.com/faq/~88/AU )

Although, of course, we may have grown as a people since the FAQ entry, but
I suspect we haven't changed that much.

Cheers

Richie