 Local / Australia / 759
Re: Australian Roll Call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 00:03:11 GMT

"Rachel Kingston" <kingston@spirit.com.au> wrote in message
news:Fv0F1F.F4H@lugnet.com...
I am aiming to get into technic soon, as I really want the RIS (maybe for
xmas, I have started hinting already) you sound like you are pretty • competant
with it, what is the difference between 1 and 1:5 do you know?

The 1.5 set has a few cool technic parts that 1 hasn't, and is minus a
couple of very ordinary parts. It's also got an upgraded firmware.

However, the 1 has an external AC plug. This rocks. 1 is definitely a better
set to get, just for this factor. You can always pick up the parts (8002
contains all the 'missing' parts many times over), but you can't get an AC
plug.

The firmware is just downloadable, so that isn't a factor. The version 2
pre-alpha firmware is available from the mindstorms site.

later,
David Drew.