 Local / Australia / 7336
    Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Frances Schroeter
   Important information for all people intending to purchase from Lego S@H. I made a purchase on October 4th to the value of AU$198. Today I received a phone call from United Postal Service to inform me my parcel was in Melbourne, but that I had to (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au) !

        Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Kerry Raymond
     This is all very worrying, and does not bode well for S@H in Australia. (...) Interesting. If you believe Custom's own WWW site, even if the price had been US$198, you should have been granted the "low value" concession as the GST should have been (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

         Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Ross Crawford
     (...) Not if the freight, customs & GST increase the prices by 50%. (...) Well, I checked out that page you posted the other day (URL) and is does seem to indicate duty is payable as it always was 8?( Also, this page (URL) customs duty is 5% of the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Kerry Raymond
      (...) You could well be right. I was basing my comments on a phone call I made to Customs just prior to the introduction of the GST. The person with whom I spoke told me that prior to GST, there would be sales tax payable on imported Lego but it was (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

          Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Tara Anderson
      Hi All, I had a similar experience with the lego shop at home from an order placed on thursday. My order was 295 +90 shipping. The people at UNited Postal service have also asked me for $90. Apparently we pay 50 for the customs people? for opening (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) I'm surprised. Category 95033000 gets charged duty? If I ship things from AU to the USA under "toys, plastic, parts and whole" there's no duty. I had thought it would work similarly in return. Though maybe they classify these as coming from (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Ross Crawford
      (...) Dunno how they decide, seems a little random, I've definitely had to pay duty on one package from the US - about US$600 IIRC. But it's looking like this problem with S@H is getting sorted, so I've got my fingers crossed... (...) 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Pete White
      (...) Hey Lindsay, one of my parcels from you copped the charges presently bandied about for the S@H orders, it was a biggie though ;^) (...) My thoughts exactly :^) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —James Brown
     (...) (much snippage> I don't know if any parallels can be drawn between Australia and Canada, but my experience in Canada leads me to strongly believe that the "bad guys" here aren't S@H, or customs dweebies, but rather UPS. Every *SINGLE* time (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shipping)

         Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Tara Anderson
      An update from my order 1. Ordered on the thursday 2. recieved an phone message on the monday - fast shipping! 3. phoned ups got the run around and told to get lego topay as it was their fault 4. phone lego australia, and told to return the order (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shipping)

         Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Benjamin Medinets
     (...) I guess thats what happens when you use UPS. Personally, I like Priority Mail (in USA). As for Canada's wonderous mail system, CANADA POST - first class mail seems to take twice as long as first class in US.... oh well... Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shipping)

        Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Allan Bedford
   (...) Sounds much like the quandry faced by Canadians having to now order from the States. We saw this when LEGO shut down their Canadian operations and began sending catalogs from the U.S. with increased shipping rates. My solution was simpler (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Please read, re: S@H orders to Australia —Ross Crawford
   (...) The difference here is that they've actually increased availability for us, so we want to support this. And once the teething problems get sorted, I'm sure Australians & New Zealanders will take to it like ducks to water. (Any reports from NZ (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz)