 Local / Australia / 5818
Re: Launch windows, waypoints, meeting times and refueling stops.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 11:58:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
If I recall correctly the plan is as follows...

You recall well, emmissary of the Quirk.

Early Saturday morning (Possibly Friday night?)
1)Richie picks up James and drives to Richard's
2)Pete drives to Richard's
3)Eli?drives to Richard's
4)Dave Low is picked up by someone? somewhere?
5)Anyone else coming? or joining the convoy?

Friday night is fine by me, but will have to make plans so you can let
yourselves in.

Eli has signed on for the mission.  He can make it to my place but needs
passage on one of the transports travelling south...

I also understand that Richie's is a short range transport only, and that
he, the Dark Shogun's entourage, James and the Quirk will be transferring to
Ahab's transport for the big hop.

Richard's place.
1)Breakfast (or at convienent McD's mmm hash browns...)

Slacks, Jacks and KFC nearby(ish).

2)Organising LEGO (and persons) into cars for travel (interchange with 1) if
necessary)
3)Wave bye to Port Block

Weepy Port Block females will be gathered at the wharf for the purpose of
the waving.

I was guessing at shoving off 8.00(ish) and nibblng on the road before 9.00.
But I'm wide open...

On the road
1)Discussion including takeover plans for LA/Bricktoria/the world
2)Lunch in Albury?

Cool.  Wherever we get hungry is fine by me.  Plenty of good forage about.
Might need to scope out a di-lithium cracking station though, for the ships...

3) Cross border and change money to Pesos, have passports stamped, cars
searched and fruit confiscated (omit if unnecessary)

Afternoon/evening
1)Navigate Melborune avoiding Trams and practicing Hook turns to find
gracious hosts
2)Dinner on the road?(err.. whilst traveling, not actually on the tarmac)
3) Give James hearty whack to break him out of itemising actions

Dinner ditto lunch. Wherever we get hungry is fine by me.

Did I miss some certainty over accommodation (I might've, non-Lego life has
been intruding into Lego time a bit lately)?  I have been fairly luckless so
far in my hunt for worthy van parks, and am turning to motels.  Did anyone
realise its a long weekend?  And the Mexicans seem to book their weekends
away years in advance...
Well, the Brictoria Barracks has accomodation available for 2-5 [there are 2
single beds and floor space [as what was graciously provided to the visiting
Bric-torians earlier in the year.]] along with a double(?) bed and floor
space with Sue Ann...email the appropriate person to place a booking.

We were also planning on doing our trading on Saturday night if you're in
town...it saves transporting large collections of spares to the venue and
having them mixed into the battle.

And has anyone done any work on what constitutes safe distance from ground
zero?  I wouldn't want to be marshalling inside the blast zone.  Radioactive
ash is no good for the duco at all.

Well, the Bric-torian troops will be safely in transitmode, resting in
preperation for the battle, so there's little chance of unexpected attack.

BTW, any one staying at the barracks is free to make use of the available
parts to assist in decorations for the battlefield.

Benjamin Whytcross

Richard
Still baldly going...