 Local / Australia / 5851
Re: Launch windows, waypoints, meeting times and refueling stops.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:55:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
3) Cross border and change money to Pesos, have passports stamped, cars
searched and fruit confiscated (omit if unnecessary)
And switch to the other side of the road? (or am I thinking of Queensland? ;-))

Queenland methinks, Victoria is where one has to change to a dinky narrow
gauge that's unsuitable for anything except tourist railways

James (who used to live near a dinky tourist railway)

Wake Up James! You've fallen asleep already. Queensland uses the dinky
little gauge (fastest Narrow Gauge Tilt Trains in the world). Victoria is
adamantly sticking to broad gauge, although I think they've now agreed to
switch to the national standard "standard" gauge.

Not sure if Albury station has both types of tracks, My memory says it does.
the Newsgroup nntp://aus.rail is a good place to ask that sort of questions.
Yes I read that occaisionally, and NO i don't wear an Anarak while reading it.

See Ya'll in a few days
Santosh