 Local / Australia / 5297
Re: IMPORTANT NEWS........!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 01:29:43 GMT

My preference, for what it's worth, would be for AusLUG, over OzLUG (I • still
have problems with Oz as a substitute for Australia/Aus. Must be my old
age!)

It's not age! I'm grandma here (since nobody *admits* to being older) and Oz
is fine with me. I use it all the time. It's more fun than Aus.

Also, Oz has whimsy/fantasy associations that I find quite appropriate for
our group, given Port Block, Andrastavia, Kyola Fire Dept, etc etc. Lets
face it; many of us have long given up living in the real world :-) [Chuck
another monkey on the barbie, Kerry!]

As for the issue of whether we are Lego enthusiasts or merely brick
enthusiasts, I think it is fair to say that we are all Lego enthusiasts
(whether we also dabble in the dark side or not) and that is the common
element that unites us and hence defines us. We are not all fans of
bricks-in-general, so that is not a good way to describe us.

If the "Lego" word is to be denied to us in all forms, then OzLUG sounds
best to me, as it emphasises our "Oz"-ness (in both senses) and our
association with LUGnet.

Kerry