 Local / Australia / 5271
Re: IMPORTANT NEWS........!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 06:27:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Dave Low writes:

Any more (preferably serious) name suggestions out there? So far we've got
1. AusLug
2. LugOz
3. OzStudz
4. Blockheads
(I make no judgements on the last two, I'm just being complete :) )

If we can come up with a reasonable list of suggestions, we could have a
poll here on lugnet.

I have some quibbles about the LUG formation: there's a fairly high clone
brand presence in Australia (cf Port Block, not Port LEGO Block), and by
LUGNET standards we don't seem to be an especially techie group. On the
other hand, it's widely used and bland.

I tend to disagree - I think the proportion of "techie" people on Lugnet isn't
that high either - unless you include the "trainie"s.

OzStudz is a bit funnier, more generally applicable, and not a bloody
acronym. But it's also a bit obscure, potentially unappealing, and leaves
open the whole "are you a gang of LEGO fans or a Strip-o-gram company" can
of worms.

It wasn't a serious suggestion - hence the smiley 8?)

Blockheads takes the urine in a typically .au way, it's fairly obvious what • the
joke is and the double entendre is totally innocuous. Brickheads would be a
PG alternative. Blockheads might be confused with BLOC
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/bloc/, a recently formed American club.

I kinda like BlockHead. But tomorrow I might see the light...

ROSCO