 Local / Australia / 5289
Re: IMPORTANT NEWS........!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 23:25:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

My two cents:

I really, really DON'T like OzStudz and will fight tooth and nail to oppose
any namez suggested which pluralise using 'z'. Hey, if you want adults to
cringe at our organisation that's the way to do it. The only normal/mundane
people who like 'z' plurals are advertising execs who want to sell "thingz"
to teenagers.

Absolutely!

And, as we all know, teenagers don't play with Lego. ;-)

But wouldn't the world be a better place if they did?

In the absence of a name we all like a lot, I don't mind AusLUG. Even
better, OzLUG - let's face it, this way less Yanks will think it's an
Austrian Lego users group.   ~~~~~~~J

But that would be AutLUG, wouldn't it? ;)

My preference, for what it's worth, would be for AusLUG, over OzLUG (I still
have problems with Oz as a substitute for Australia/Aus. Must be my old age!)

Cheers

Richie Dulin