 Local / Australia / 4926
Re: Application to exhibit (or why one shouldn't post too soon)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 05:09:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Despite my complaint that I had not heard from AMRA-NSW, the information
arrived in the post today.

The important info and relevant questions associated with particular issues
follow.

Dates and times
Fri 28sep 11-1 set up
Sat 29sep 9-6 exhibition (access 1hr early for exhibitors)
Sun 30sep 9-6    "                 "               "
Mon 1oct 9-5     "                 "               "

Do we have enough personpower to cover this amount of time, considering two
persons would have to be there at any one time to cover toilet breaks and
food/drink breaks.

Standard of exhibits
Committee will accept exhibits on merit taking into account the attaction
and interst provided to the viewing public. Prior to acceptance the
committee may wish to inspect the exhibit.
Layouts are to have a suitable covering below the viewing area to near floor
level. Exhibitors should supply screens or backdrops to their layouts and
dividers between adjacent stands.
(from Application to exhibit form: crepe paper or similar not permissible
under fire regs, an approved type fire extinguisher is required on each stand)

I can see us going to a lot of expense and trouble setting this thing up and
then having the application rejected.
Backdrops ? Dividers ?

Q: This means we need at least one test run set up to show any possible
visitors. Building time, space and location are all involved here, as well
as the possible interstate contributions.

Non-commercial
payment will be made towards reimbursing the cost of travelling expences
etc, pending completion of a claim form issued at exhibition.

Q: I assume this means we won't have to pay to display, yay!

What if the application is successful ? But I guess if they are paying to put
the display on, they have a right to veto what goes into it.

Insurance cover
non-commercial exhibits will be covered against burglary and fire damage
only. The policy is not an all risks cover. Exhibitors are reasponsible for
the supervision of their stand at all times during normal exhibition hours

Burglary is probably the greatest risk. What security arrangements do they
have ? The other trains would probably go first, but do you want to leave
thousands of dollars worth of Lego somewhere for four days.

Erection of stands
the erection, dismantling transport and delivery of statnd are the sole
responsiblity of each exhibitor.

Barriers
It is pereferable that all exhibits have thier own crowd control system
Stand signs
Each non-commercial stand is to display details of their exhibit (scale,
era, prototype and any relevant information on the layout) including the
name of the person, club or association in a form easily read by viewers.
Stand numbers will be provided by AMRA at the exhibition.

Dare I ask what banner we would be standing behind ?

Q; do we have an era and prototype in mind?

How about Monorail 3001 ?

Publicitiy
Press releases will be distributed to the Print media, radio and TV. Any
addtional publicity that you can give will be of benefit to all

Application deadline
FOr consideration you application form must be returnedby 31May2001 together
with full description and particulars of your exhibit suitable for
publication in the exhibition guide.

Included with the paper that the above was taken from is a souvenir guide
from last year, motel listings for liverpool in october and an application
to exhibit form.

I think that's enough to start, thoughts anyone?

Like Santosh I think a smaller show would be better to do first.
We could visit the AMRA show this year just as spectators.
James, I would be seeing who will put their hands up for what days first,
before going to the trouble above.
Liverpool could be hard/time consuming to get to for most people, you're
looking at 13 hour days minimum (incl.travelling).

pete.w(who remembers the show I organised at W4K, and it was Pete.C and myself,
behind a Studs banner (grrr..), though others did offer creations)