 Local / Australia / 4946
Re: Application to exhibit (or why one shouldn't post too soon)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:21:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:

Studs has around 6 people? the mugs are keen maybe two of them, assume half
the Studs can't make it on a given day and a MUG is sleeping, that's still
3-4 people. The layout won't require 2 to operate (one imagines) so, we
should be right.
The biggest drains peoplewise will be setup/teardown.

I'm happy (potentially) to lend a hand.

I can see us going to a lot of expense and trouble setting this thing up and
then having the application rejected.
Backdrops ? Dividers ?

With some canny words we might get all this done for us. Assuming LA wanted
to help out this'd be the sort of stuff the could do. Otherwise I've got
access to most of this already, I'd need to call in a few favours though...

Each non-commercial stand is to display details of their exhibit (scale,
era, prototype and any relevant information on the layout) including the
name of the person, club or association in a form easily read by viewers.
Stand numbers will be provided by AMRA at the exhibition.

Dare I ask what banner we would be standing behind ?

If necessary we can give an individual as a contact.

Do we want to try & get a train org together, so we have something besides Lego
to stand behind?

Like Santosh I think a smaller show would be better to do first.
We could visit the AMRA show this year just as spectators.
James, I would be seeing who will put their hands up for what days first,
before going to the trouble above.
Liverpool could be hard/time consuming to get to for most people, you're
looking at 13 hour days minimum (incl.travelling).

I agree smaller show, but we need to keep AMRA-NSW in mind. As for workers,
fair enough. Show of hands then?

My hands in the ring. I think I suggested trying to get something together for
the June MUGfest. Doesn't have to be as stringent, so gives us a chance to try
things & see what we can do ourselves & what we may need help for. Also no
problem with personnel or security 8?)

I also posted a preliminary idea for a layout at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3786 It's just under 4x3 m. Any
comments?

Unfortunately I won't be able to do much organising for this one, as I'm in US
/ Canada 24 April to 6 June, but I'm sure there's other MUGs interested! And if
the SLUG invasion can help with some scenery, it could probably work OK.

ROSCO