 Local / Australia / 4470
Re: bizarre changes to postage stamps due to GST
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 02:23:28 GMT

Basically, you'd be a fool to put domestic stamps on overseas letters
because it will always cost you 10% more which goes straight to the tax
coffers for no actual benefit provided to anyone

A fool or a person who doesn't have the time to go to a post office, or
someone without easy access to a post office.

I buy books of 45c stamps and use them on everything.

Admittedly, I am usually paying too much, e.g. I put 4 x 45c stamps (cost
$1.80) on a $1.50 international letter, but it's worth the convenience to me
of not having to go to the post office every time I need to post something.

Kerry