 Local / Australia / 3652
Re: Lego specials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 22:46:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
Dave Low wrote in message ...

By the way, has anyone seen any more of set 1181 at Big W? I'd like a few
more at AU$1.80, but it's been a while since they ran out here in Melbourne.

Erina may still have some, check with Kev.
I'll check the usual haunts, are you just after the astonaut figs ?

7171 Mos Espa Pd Race at KMart, reduced to $70 (got both at the nearest • store)

Hey Pete -- you missed a couple!

Didn't know Pete went to Canberra to buy 7171's....  ;-)

I've been well satiated on 7171's (you can never have too many though).
The local supply was more than enough, Canberra wasn't that impressive on my
only excursion there last summer.

On another note, the occasional 6330 Cargo Center lying around some K-Marts
should be priced at AU$45, which seems okay if you don't mind junior
architectural elements (gotta hate those vehicles, though.) Another set at
K-Mart which seems to be very good value is the Basic set 4225 which is
priced at AU$15, and although it obviously contains no grey/tan bricks, it
still contains quite a few useful elements (including a Timmy!).

The 4225 has some nice bits.

pete.w (L 322, and a big welcome to L 666 Mike 'BrikWars' Rayhawk)