 Local / Australia / 329
Re: This is the Admiral culling...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 05:07:46 GMT

Peter Callaway wrote in message ...
In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
The sheer beauty of the Black Seas Barracuda has something to
do with it, I think. One of the finest looking sets TLC ever made. I
accidentally ended up with two, fortunately for myself they didn't
cost an arm and a leg, just a leg (figuratively speaking). I really
don't know what to do with the second one.... ;-)

If that's a serious statement, I know that Richard Parsons would
probably sell one or both of his kids to get his hands on a BSB. ;-)

Mmmm.  I saw this and assumed the ;-) after the *really* not knowing what to
do suggested mild sarcasm.

Then again, I have had this particular (BSB) chain pulled entirely too
often - it may be broken.

What one does with a spare BSB is take it to eBay and turn it into more
money than is customarily stored in the treasuries of some large South
American countries.

On the off-chance Paul, that you can resist the allure of buckets of
readies, and that you feel the need to find for your spare BSB a most worthy
home, where it will be immortalised in pictures for all time (or at least
until my ISP gives me the heave-ho ;-)  Port Block cries out for first rate
ships.

And what is a BSB if not a first rate ship?

I imagine she would visit Port Block in her original (as possible)
condition, but I wouldn't be surprised if she jumped the queue and went
straight to the yard for Pacific Fleet refit - taller masts, longer spars, a
semi-enclosed gun deck, and of course, more guns.

If she really is just in mothballs, and if there really is some reason why
you don't feel the need to become obscenely wealthy (and are prepared to
settle for just plain wealthy), hit me!

Regards

Richard
Still baldly going...