 Local / Australia / 310
309  |  311
Subject:
This is the Admiral culling...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:07:21 GMT

When did all the pirates disappear from these fair shores ?

Does their unavailability make people want them more ?

On my extensive road trips, the TW Armidale owner related how someone had rang
and mailed them from Western Australia requesting any/all of their pirate
stock. They supposedly did this to every toystore in Australia.
Who is/was this person ? Is it an ebay magnate living in comfortable
retirement or was it a ploy by 'the Admiral' to rid the world of these
rascally characters. Maybe they returned home to face justice back in the
old country.

If your out there, browsing loc.au own up and show us some pictures if they
have been put to good use.

Richard.P, if your dark ages ended in 1997 did you see the re-tail end of
the pirates, did you see ships on the shelves, and what was the retail price
in Australia.

-pete.w