 Local / Australia / 312
Re: This is the Admiral culling...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:00:45 GMT

Peter White wrote in message ...
When did all the pirates disappear from these fair shores ?

1998 (?)

Does their unavailability make people want them more ?

Not really.  I guess if they were available, I'd buy until I was broke, but
I wouldn't want them less :-)

Richard.P, if your dark ages ended in 1997 did you see the re-tail end of
the pirates, did you see ships on the shelves, and what was the retail • price
in Australia.

As I got back into the game, the RBR was still available.  From memory, RRP
was around $220.  I bought two a bit under $200.  But RBR really is a tacky
ship.  It took me a while to work out how to start building ships I liked,
and by then they were well and truly gone.  I don't recall ever actually
seeing BSBs or SESs on the shelves.  The only other one I ever saw was the
AF, which retailed for around $100.  I bought three at about $63 each.  i
can't remember why they were that cheap.  Maybe James was there and I just
didn't recognise him in those days :-)  The AF is an even worse ship, but
having scored a little RR in recent times, and together with my other bits,
I'm quite content with what can be done.

If anyone is desperate for AF midsections, email me.

Regards

Richard
who finally got home so he can now just press a button

Richard
Still baldly going...

Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/

to get his sig in.