 Local / Australia / 314
Re: I have an idea... (regards the range of sets we get)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:27:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

Peter White wrote in message ...

It's been quiet over in W.A of late, have you guys thought of a semi-formal
organisation like the STUDS/SydLUG/SLUG over here in the East.

Heh, I don't think there's one in Melbourne either, which given its
population, is pretty unfortunate for the likes of Ben and myself! If there
is, It'd be nice if someone told me when they're meeting next.

Hi Paul,
   It would be great to see LUG's in every capital city (dreaming one day of
an annual convention/Legofest). The next Legoz is scheduled for June 4th and
since it's at my place I hope to post some commentary while it happens, it
would be great to have webcam available. Any interstate visitors would be
welcome, but I am sure the cost of travel would be better spent on block
purchases.
   We are pretty spread out here in NSW, it seems you can't have two AFOL's
residing within 10km of each other.
   Have you and Ben met in person yet, maybe set a formal meeting date and
place and see who comes out of the woodwork, what about Kaz ?

   Did you manage to get hold of a 7171 on clearance at K-Mart. If you want
one email me and I'll get one and mail it for $ 94.90 plus postage.
But you should be able to find one in Melbourne, they have been in various
K-M's here for a number of weeks.

   While travelling through rural Victoria I didn't see one set of Night
Lords Castle (whereas I saw 7 in rural NSW), so there must be some Castle
Heads in your state.

   We have been discussing the possibility of a public show here, with the
possible aim of recruiting some more members/gaining visibility.

-pete.w  EMAIL TO HERE > aquanaut@optusnet.com.au