 Local / Australia / 323
Re: I have an idea... (regards the range of sets we get)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 01:33:21 GMT

Peter White wrote in message ...

The Target sale was half-price SW 1999 'merchandise'.

TRU have also had half price non-Lego SW merchandise here in Melb for a
while, sadly most of it isn't really that desirable - although I enjoyed the
movie somewhat, I felt that a lot of the designs weren't inspiring enough to
warrant buying them for my desk at work. There's a lot of SW merchandise not
moving. The Darth Maul figures seem to be the only ones that really sell (as
opposed to the Jar-Jar ones.... funny, that ;-)

Target don't really carry the biggest sets (like FNF) and don't always have
many Basic brick sets. But I have seen Exploriens sets and Divers within • the
last month in Targets.

FNF = Flying Ninja Fortress??? That one came out of the blue. Yeah, TRU have
a lot of these so I'm waiting for a clearance, it would be nice to have one
of that set. The rock slope printing is one that I do rather like.
Melb Targets seem to have gotten rid of all their Exploriens stock. There's
a bunch of Divers at Myer's Melb city store, if they do with them what they
did with their leftover Western stock (75% off!!!) then it'd probably be
worth getting some.

Stawell is one place I didn't go to, I almost did, if you want the full
list of towns I went to ,I will give it to you.

That would be great, it saves a lot of time if I can avoid driving out to
places where it's not worth looking.

It was ravaged even with the three internal boxes ? All mine have been in • good
condition, as are the ones currently sitting on the shelves. It's great for
parts and colours, you have probably seen all the parts for sale on ebay.
At almost 900 parts it's a good deal even at $94.90 . I feel it may come • down
further, I'll keep you posted.

Yeah, one of the internal boxes was opened and a 2x16 tan plate had been
removed. I actually checked the box in the parking lot, ready to bring it
back in, but when I saw that all of the important bags/pieces were there I
thought "whatever", especially as they'd take ages trying to find a
replacement 7171 for me to have.
This set has awesome parts. I especially like the green and orange nozzles,
the orange plates, the green hinge plates, and the enormous number of grey
1x1 cylinders.

Do they ever have a glut of them. On my travels the shelves were post-Xmas
but fully stocked with flying saucers. I have even seen them for full • retail.
Those ones will still be there when aliens formally visit us. It's a set • like
this that will turn toystores off Lego. Funnily enough I haven't seen them • in
Target/Big W/K-Mart.

It's just baffling how there were so many of them, and so few pirate ships
to go round. This is an insane world we live in.
If someone discovers a method of removing the saucer printing that involves
soaking rather than tiresome rubbing, then I'll probably start buying lots
of them at discount. The printing is the only thing that really turns me off
the saucer sections, and I _would_ like to have hundreds of them so that I
could make a very large radiotelescope array or something impressive like
that. I also kind of like the UFO minifigs.

Incidentally, if anyone sees 6580 land jets for <$20 I'd like to know.

I had to check what this was, I have seen it, do you want me to get it if I
see it again ?

Only if you would get 2-4 of them for $20 or less each.

I've seen the white brick,the red brick and even one black brick but not • one
tile pack at all. They should do a great big roof tile box like the 4229 • size.

If it contains six colours of slopes....yeeeeeahhh. *drools*
I don't actually want them for roofs, slopes are great for all sorts of
stuff, so the more colours the better.

I still have the mono-supp,in the vain hope I can win one off ebay. I was
the high bidder the other week only it didn't meet the reserve. Those
Italians ! They must be making a mint from all the finds in toy stores • there.
I even saw an official Lego store-display helicopter for auction from there • !
I'll let you know if I give up hope.

Well, there's always DYA shopping. The 6991 set appeared on their site a few
months ago and I was both very quick and very lucky in ordering, I managed
to get one. Although my dark age was a lot shorter for Space than other
themes ('90-'99 but I bought a lot of '91-'94 Space), I seemed to miss out
on this set. I don't think that I could spend that much on a monorail again
(though it was a lot better than eBay), but I'd like to be able to extend
the functionality of the monorail set with an expansion pack (or two, or
three). Although the chances are slim, it might appear on DYA again.

We have just timed them every 2 months from the start of Feb.,maybe next • year
we should time it to accommodate travellers.

Is there anything Lego happening in Sydney in the week 26-29 April? That's
when I'm on holidays.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164