 Local / Australia / 2879
Re: New Pricing??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:22:18 GMT

Deidre Rushton Brumby <drb@tasmail.com> wrote in message
news:G0G9zx.GM6@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.au, Geoffrey Hyde writes:

To what company do you refer by the term "LA".  I know of LCSA which • stands
for LEGO Customer Service Australia.  [1]

The company is "Lego Australia Pty Ltd" and the Consumer Advisory Service
(the people you talk to on 1800 683 100 as you mentioned)
is part of that company.  You can see this by looking in the whitepages:

Hmmm ...  That clears that up ...  Thanks!

[snipped stuff about addresses]

So, LA refers to "Lego Australia Pty Ltd".

It would appear so, given the facts you have before you, and having loked at
them myself, I agree with that statement.

And I have been told by the people who are at LCSA the following:

1)  LCSA are not in any way associated with the people who actually • handle
the distribution of LEGO through stores in Australia.  That is a separate
division in Australia which handles most distribution of sets through • stores
in Australia.

Yes, I've been told this too.  Whether or not the people who distribute • are
part of Lego Australia Pty Ltd or not I do not know for sure, I'm under • the
impression that they are now 3rd party BUT I could be wrong about that. • Either
way they are not the consumer advisory people (as you say).

It would seem so.

<rest snipped for space and because I don't know anything about it to • comment>.

It would be nice if Lego Australia (or some section thereof) could bring
us some Shop At Home type offerings until such time as we get the full • thing.
Brad J did mention he hoped to give us a limited offering by year end, so
perhaps we can still hope for some service pack type offers (eg the • Technic
powerpacks).  Whether they can/can't will/won't do this, I don't know,
but we can hope, can't we? :)

I sure hope they are able to bring something to us!!  Also, cheaper prices
all around would be nice!!

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde