 Local / Australia / 2870
Re: New Pricing??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 04:59:24 GMT

Whytcross, Benjamin <BWhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au> wrote in message
news:1D0812CAE3E7D2118BCD00805FA76DEB03515C54@gw-exg-ne01.pacificaccess.com.
au...
[snip]
Anyway, as I stated above, it's more a problem with LA and their little
empire here that is soon to be threatened by LD....Anyone want to bet • that:
1) LA is dropping their prices, as they are worried that LD will take all
their sales.

To what company do you refer by the term "LA".  I know of LCSA which stands
for LEGO Customer Service Australia.  [1]

2) As the start-up date for LD in Aus gets closer, prices will drop a • little
more.

And I have been told by the people who are at LCSA the following:

1)  LCSA are not in any way associated with the people who actually handle
the distribution of LEGO through stores in Australia.  That is a separate
division in Australia which handles most distribution of sets through stores
in Australia.

2)  LCSA have recently had staff cutbacks, from 3 to 2 to 1 or something
along those lines.  If LCSA are going out of business, and are in fact this
"LA" Benjamin is talking about, then it would seem that the threat to them
would be nil.  QED.

3) The reason LD isn't in Aus yet is BECAUSE of LA...they wanted time to • try
and get a bigger market by lowering prices, and they wanted to have this • in
place for 12 months so that LD won't cause a sudden drop in LA's sales?
[Maybe this is why BradJ had to change from late this year to late next?]

Now, what makes you think LA and LD will not be the same service, or that
LCSA (If it is a separate entity from LA.) is not going to take on the
marketing of or be converted into LD?

AFAIK, the only reason LCSA sell some kinds of sets (Including older 9V
train sets, I believe.) is because they still have the stock to get rid of.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

[1]  LCSA are/were contactable on 1800 683 100, last time I checked.