 Local / Australia / 13799
Re: Sydney Lego Meeting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:18:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Steve Dunn wrote:
   I’d like to thank those who attended on the weekend making it a fun day for all. I have found a 1x1 round brick white (almost tan now) with a solid stud.

Thanks for hosting us!

   One of the best creations displayed on the day would have been my beloved wifes effort on this: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/steven-dunn/2006/Sydney-meet/cake.jpg

We should all note that the most popular piece at the event was bley. I hope to be able to share in a blue technic pin cake at the next gathering.

   Speed build set was 7413 “Passage of Jun-Chi”http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7413 and was provided and won by Richie. Richie took out the grand prize of a Lego Chup-a-chup with mini-fig.

Those seventeen and a half hours of practice paid off. The Chup-a-chup holder is earmarked for a new moc too. (Well, not exactly earmarked, as such).

   The group speed build of set 8386 http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8386took us about 2.5 hours. well done team.

It was my first experience at studless technic construction. And I must say it was even better than I imagined it would be. It was amazing that we had no pieces left over. It just goes to show what can be achieved when lego fans come together and work cooperatively.

   Once again, thak you all for comming along, see you at the next one.

Thanks again for organising it!

Cheers

Richie Dulin