 Local / Australia / 13713
Re: Sydney Lego Meeting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:03:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   This is posted on behalf of Community Member Steve Dunn: I have been wanting to meet some sydney Fans for some time now and thought a BBQ lunch would be tops.

Your thinking is spot on!

   This is not a STUD meeting but STUD members are welcome so it might as well be.

I was under the impression that the qualifcation for making a gathering a STUDs meeting was so loose that nearly anything counted that... a) was in Sydney, b) had LEGO in it, or c) involved someone who had lived in Sydney and had LEGO once

Feel free to take the name in vain, the only anyone could stop you is if we came around and smacked you, in which case we’d be there, and it’d be a meet anyways, so we couldn’t...

   Date: Saturday the 8th of April

Wow. So far away! I’d better get building.

   Time: 10am-6pm-ish Location: Penrith Activities: MOCs, trading, chatting, maybe some partsies (what is partsies?), maybe some Brikwars, definately some drinking (BYO), maybe a speed build comp?

   I am in the middle of building a lego board so we can play Lego Risk (aka, Fight in a box). Feel free to bring your lego armies if so inclined.

LEGO risk? an intreguing idea. IIRC one would need 40 infantry, 10 artlillery and 12 Cavalry?

   Oh yeah, those living outside of sydney are welcome too. Be warned, my children will call you a nerd ! Steve

James (who isn’t sure he’s got 60 figs in one theme...)