 Local / Australia / 13061
Re: Post Christmas Shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:47:19 GMT

What I have picked up:
4514 World City Crane at the MYER 1-day 30% off sale for $28
7471 Mars Rover for $50 at K-Mart
4666 Jack Stone police car for $6 (yes it was full price :) from K-Mart. (I
wanted the tr-dk-blue bits :)
4480 Jabbas Palace from BigW for BigW normal price (whatever that is)

I also picked up a 8455 Backhoe for $60 from K-Mart.
But I very nearly didn't get one at all.
Firstly I had heard about someone picking one up cheap on lugnet but
thought it might have been a specific pre-xmas offer.
Then I found a store with a shelf sticker and no stock (although I did see
one marked "damaged" on a cart)

After that, I decided to go to as many K-Marts as possible until I found one.
I ended up at a K-Mart that had 2 on the shelf, both of which had had the
sticky tape broken. Pick one up and go over to the service desk so I can
look in the box and see if its complete. Looking inside, I get a little
suspicious about if its complete and decide to see if the other one is
complete.
Turns out that neither set was anywhere near complete so what we (me and
the kmart person) did was to take the one that looked more complete and
then check each item in the other box.
If that item wasnt present in the box we were making up, we put it in
there. So basicly, we made sure that where there was one of a particular
bag between the 2 boxes, it ended up in the box I was going to buy.
In the end, I ended up with a complete set and spent a couple hours
building it when I got home :)
VERY good set if you are a technic fan that doesnt mind the studless beams
and/or wants classic grey parts.