 Local / Australia / 10890
Re: Brickmeet '03 organising [Build/Play/Trade/Meet]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 02:48:36 GMT

Build
Possible activities here are a building competion and/or a timed build
individual or group. Theme? Prizes? Suggetions? Offers to Judge?

I don't feel that a theme is appropriate thing to add. It is too restrictive
as not everyone has the parts or interest for all themes. Plus some people
(like me) are already well into construction of their grand show models in a
variety of themes. Perhaps if everyone who wanted to enter their models each
paid $5 or something and that money go towards a prize...
Also, it should be more of a peoples choice award - maybe have ballot slips
with things such as:
- Model concept
- Construction techniques
- Colour definition
- Coolness

Perhaps a prize for each category....

Play
I'm happy to organise/referee one of the following.
Space flavoured brikwars: TL6, Spring 2000 ruleset (the internet version)
500pts max, no stats no play.

TL6 500pts Brikwars is cool, definitely no stats no play. And perhaps
Richie's idea for at least two 100pt vehicles and less than 25 troops would
be good...

Trade
If you're a Bricklink store owner (or similar) and would like a bit of space
to show your goods, please let me know. Here or e-mail.

If everyone brings some parts to trade/sell, exotic sets to sell, etc it
would be cool.

Meet
Depending on when people are arriving/leaving...
Dinner Sat night?
Shopping Sat/Sun/Mon?
Brikwars not at Meet but some other time/place?

I think that's all I was thinking... I think.
Anything I've missed reply anyways!

I'll only be able to make it to the Sunday so no other meets for me...

Also, I think that name tags like last year would be a good idea again - so
you can put a face to names :)

Keep on building,

Zac