 Local / Australia / 10876
10875  |  10877
Subject:
Brickmeet '03 organising [Build/Play/Trade/Meet]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 00:29:08 GMT

In the absence of our bimonthly Sydney meeting, where much of this stuff
would be thrashed out, I'll throw some organising thoughts into the ether
and listen to the echoes instead.

Please trim the subject line above to reflect which of the lines of thought
you're replying to (I don't mind mulitple replies in the one thread).

Build
Possible activities here are a building competion and/or a timed build
individual or group. Theme? Prizes? Suggetions? Offers to Judge?

Play
I'm happy to organise/referee one of the following.
Space flavoured brikwars: TL6, Spring 2000 ruleset (the internet version)
500pts max, no stats no play.
OR
Legowars (recently renamed Brick Battles) Castle flavoured: Prefernce for
'real' firing seige weapons, allowed as many troops as can fit on a 16x16 base.
OR
An adventurers kinda thingy based slightly on the game found in this years sets
OR
None of the above pending a much better suggestion or mordant disinterest.

I'm sure trains will be popular too. Please respond if you can bring track
so we don't have lots of trains and nowhere to run them.

Trade
If you're a Bricklink store owner (or similar) and would like a bit of space
to show your goods, please let me know. Here or e-mail.

Meet
Depending on when people are arriving/leaving...
Dinner Sat night?
Shopping Sat/Sun/Mon?
Brikwars not at Meet but some other time/place?

I think that's all I was thinking... I think.
Anything I've missed reply anyways!

Please trim the subject line above to reflect which of the lines of thought
you're replying to (I don't mind mulitple replies in the one thread).

James (who starts in a new position at work soon... more brick money!)