 Local / Australia / *14708 (-20)
  Re: Hey Sydney People... Anyone going to...

(...) Melbourne thingy? You mean (URL) (tm)>? Absolutely! Registered. Plane tickets booked. I've even packed some MOCs already. Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

Hi all, Shortly after I made my Mallard Teunis Davey contacted me asking if I wanted to have a go at making a (URL) Class 38>. I did and this is what came out. The train is based on a modified version of the wheelset I used for the Mallard with only (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  Hey Sydney People... Anyone going to...

going to Leviathan? going to the Melbourne thingy? going to reply? James (who answers yes to all three) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Kevin Hall: anyone in contact?

(...) Hi Kerry, I am... and I have talked to him about the link/guy and have even responded to the guy :) My answers are in bricklink somewhere... Thanks Mel (19 years ago, 14-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Kevin Hall: anyone in contact?

Is anyone still in contact with Kevin Hall still? It's just that someone on bricklink is wanting to buy the custom set he built. (URL) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Announcing Brickvention 2006!

(...) Having done both in my life I can 100% guarantee you the plane is more comfortable. The bus would have to be almost free to get me on it again. Tim (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events)

  Re: Announcing Brickvention 2006!

(...) And probably more confortable! ROSCO (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events)

  Re: Announcing Brickvention 2006!

(...) Or you could travel by bus: (URL) the cost from Brisbane to Melbourne by bus is $172 each way, so it is cheaper to fly! Kerry (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickvention Accomadation

(...) Well, unless you have huge MOCs or train layout, my suggestion is box them up and take them as your luggage on the plane (you get a 20kg allowance). That's how I went to the SydneyFest a couple of years ago. I took my clothes etc in my small (...) (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Announcing Brickvention 2006!

(...) Actually, I believe it was the 'not exactly rolling out the welcome mat' comment that got the shackles up. But fear not, I hear Ross is putting together an official (URL) BrickVention Welcome Mat>, but unfortunately it'll mean the registration (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Brickvention Accomadation

(...) I too have room for 1 or possibly a couple. It's only a sofa-bed so nothing spiffy, but you're welcome to it. ROSCO (19 years ago, 10-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Cost of registration for Brickvention 2006

(...) Don't feel sorry about raiseing it, it is a legitimate issue for a lot of Australians , Unlike the states (cheap airfares) or europe (most countries are not much bigger than Victoria), Australia is a stupidly large country, I did the drive (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Announcing Brickvention 2006!

(...) Well that would be the live unveiling of the Ladies of JLUG calendar that I have been hearing rumors of for years (ok, one year) now. :Bob: (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: Transporting MOCs for Brickvention 2006

(...) I have now travelled to 2 Brickfests in the US, both times I took 2 bags, mostly filled with MOCs, broken into the smallest reasonably solid pieces I could, surrounded by clothes. Each MOC section was wrapped tightly with bubble wrap, to keep (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Cost of registration for Brickvention 2006

(...) Frances I would not put it as "complaining" we were just disscussing it:) (...) Too true Brisbane is a lot further and requires a bit more logistical planning. Even having a look at Kerry's majical Virgin Blue site it would still set me back (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brickvention Accomadation

(...) I can put someone (or possibly a couple) up for the weekend. Note that my LUGNET email is outdated, my current one is paul dot baulch at gmail dot com (if you can fill in the blanks, you're eligible to stay!) Cheers, Paul (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Announcing Brickvention 2006!

(...) I picked up your sarcasm. I just considered it rude. (...) Agreed. (...) I agree. I shouldn't have posted what I did and I have said so already. (...) I have nothing to do with the organisation of BrickVention. I'm most likely not even going (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Soz about the thread hi-jack

It appears my poorly choosen words got a few backs up, which was not my intent, and for the record sorry Tim. It made for way too much off-topic discussion, in a thread that should have been all warm and fuzzy with an Ozi Lego Convention on the (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Announcing Brickvention 2006!

(...) Well, Well, it appears I need to put more words in my posts. Extremely rude? I see my sarcasim was wasted on you. I'm thinking your wound a bit tight mate. In hindsight my message “Are you wanting some exhibits or just vendors?” could have (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Brickvention Accomadation

"Braith Garden" <braithgarden@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ivu9GE.1CnI@lugnet.com... (...) between (...) my LEGO (...) and (...) willing to (...) take a (...) Depending on who you plan on travelling with, you might be able to get them through (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact