 LEGOLAND / 217
Re: Minifigures in Legoland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:35:18 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Cary Clark writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, James Stacey writes:
Then it struck me that they had felt the same thing I had on visiting
Legoland (Windsor). There are no minifig scale models at all in the park
(outside of the shop). There are fantastic, awe inspiring models throughout,
but nothing minifig scale.

At Legoland Billund, there are a couple of minifig scale models in the park
proper. One is a concert hall with a retractable roof, filled with thousands
of minifigs.

But I imagine that the park's first models predated minifigs, and once the
precedent was set, most models stayed in 'Miniland' scale (although there
are a number of different scales in the park). There's more unity to the
display when everything is made out of bricks: buildings, people, animals. I
also find it interesting that I saw no roofs in at Legoland made out of roof
bricks -- but not surprising.

Cary

I wonder, was the original park miniland built to 'maxi-fig' scale?  (What
are the big figures from the 70's called, I can't find any reference to them
in Partsref.)

Psi