 Dear LEGO / 3658
Re: Minifigures in Legoland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 19:11:31 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Wessel Burgers writes:

I remember when I was a kid, back in the eighties, there used to be a
recurring event called the 'Lego Show'. It was a show with many displays and
dioramas that travelled across the country. It was ussually held in the toy
department of a large Dutch department store such as 'The Bijenkorf' or
'V&D'.

I remember these here in the U.S. as well.  It would be in a large
department store for a week or so every few years.  I remember huge displays
of Classic Space Legos as well has large sculptures of animals and landmarks
such as the Statue of Liberty.

I was (briefly) in the Lego store in the Mall of America in Minneapolis last
summer and they had some large minifig scale dioramas.

I don't remember anything minifig scale at Legoland California, but it's
been a couple of years since I went.  I did like their larger scale figures
built of bricks as these had lots of details--differnt clothes, poses,
racial characteristics, etc.  Is there any source of instructions for some
of these miniland models (perhaps that "Ultimate Lego Book" or something)?

Bruce