 Dear LEGO / 3659
3658  |  3660
Subject:
exitement again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:42:18 GMT

Thank you Lego for this year's set offering.  I know a lot of complaints here
at Lugnet have included thoughts to the effect of "the excitement's gone when I
saw the new year's catalogue".  Well, I originally thought that too (based on
the original 2002 catalogue), with the exception of the Star Wars, alpha team,
& the new racers sets (cute mini-mini-figs!)  I've seen pics of the Spider-man
sets; I see you've been keeping some great suprizes under wraps (I trust the
SW:  EpII sets will be great as usual).  I did not know that Lego would be
making Spider-man minifig 'til a couple weeks ago.  I've also seen rumors about
other cool projects down the line (monster studios).  The more I hear about,
the better I feel about Lego, which seemed to be in a rut the last few years.
I hope this is the beginning of a great upswing--just cool it on the use of the
super specialized elements (some Jack Stone pieces & new alpha team mecha
arms).  Otherwise, I'd say I feel the excitement again!  Will you release new
updated catalogues in sets later this year?

Jeff

p.s.  specific pieces I don't like:  Jack Stone (JS): car chassis, JS
wall/window, JS column, JS car fin.  the alpha team mecha arms are ok, but NEED
studs on the sides of the arms for customization.